Scene understanding by inferring attractions relations, hidden objects and intents
From outdoor surveillance videos, such as the courtyard scene and aerial video in Fig. 9 collected by a hex-rotor, we will use existing method to detect and track humans and vehicles. Using the trajectories, the inference process will compute the following aspects jointly:
- Reasoning the hidden objects that attract agents, such as food truck, vending machine, dumpster, mailbox, picnic table etc.;
- Computing the potential attractive/repulsive fields generated by these objects;
- Inferring the hidden relations (i.e. intents) between the agents and the attraction objects probabilistically and thus predicting early events;
- Reasoning the hidden and changing minds/intents of agents;
- Reasoning the relations between humans and their roles involved in group activities.